This Privacy Statement governs the manner in which Publishing Addict collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”) of the https://publishingaddict.com website (“Site”).
Personally identifiable information
We collect personally identifiable information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personally identifiable information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personally identifiable information
We collect non-personally identifiable information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personally identifiable information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about the User’s means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Publishing Addict uses the User’s personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
- To display content on the Site correctly
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send the User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personally identifiable information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
If the User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us via our Site. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licencors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
We use several types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – there are essential for the normal functioning of the website i.e. session cookies. These cookies do not track you and cannot be opted out of.
- Performance cookies i.e. from Google Analytics, that are exclusively used by us for website performance analysis. You can opt out of these from your browser settings (see section Opting out of cookies below).
- Functional cookies – these enable our Youtube videos and Social Media buttons to function properly. Without these the website loses some functionality, but they are optional. You can opt out of these from your browser settings (see section Opting out of cookies below).
- Targeting cookies – these record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can opt out of these from your browser settings (see section Opting out of cookies below).
We use Google AdSense Advertising to show you relevant ads. Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to Users based on their visit to our Site and other sites on the Internet. DART uses “non personally identifiable information” and does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, etc.
You may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google’s Ads Settings.
We use Google Analytics to analyze user activity and traffic in order to improve our Site.
You may opt out of Google Analytics tracking by installing this add-on to your Chrome browser, or by folowing the steps in the section Turning tracking protection on.
We use the DoubleClick remarketing cookie to track visitors of this Site and allow selected advertising partners to display targeted ads across the web to them.
We use AdWords Remarketing that connects the activity of this Site with the Adwords advertising network and the Doubleclick Cookie.
Opting out of cookies
To eliminate cookies you may have currently accepted, and to deny or limit cookies in the future, please follow one of these procedures:
- For Microsoft Windows Explorer click here
- For Google Chrome click here
- For Mozilla Firefox click here
- For Apple Safari click here
Turning tracking protection on
To block tracking cookies in your browser, depending on your browser, please follow the instructions below:
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button in the top right corner and choose Options.
- Click Privacy & Security on the left and go to the Tracking Protection
- Choose the 1st or the 2nd option, which one suits you best:
- Always: Keep Tracking Protection on as you browse.
- Only in private windows: Turns Tracking Protection on only if you're using Private Browsing.
- Never: Turns off Tracking Protection for all sites.
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the vertical dots > Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under “Privacy”, check Send a “Do Not Track” request with your browsing traffic.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to Tools (or click ALT+X) > Internet Options
- Click on Advanced tab and then scroll down to the Security section
- Check the Send Do Not Track requests to sites you visit in Internet Explorer box
(takes effect after you restart your computer)
- Click Apply, then click OK
- Choose Safari > Preferences
- Click Privacy, then select “Ask websites not to track me.”
Compliance with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If you believe that we might have collected any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
All changes to this Privacy Statement are effective when they are posted on this page. When we change the statement in a significant manner, we will let you know via email and/or a notification on the main page of our Site, and update the “last updated info” at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us.
This document was last updated on June 7, 2018.